Here’s a weekenders worth of Tim Westwood, from the first February weekend of 1991, yep, that’s 28 years ago !
- The first few tunes get rinsed on both nights !
- Both the tapes are heavily paused and needed some digital tlc to sound good.
- The DJ Biznizz mix got paused too.
- Westwood attempts to mix 2 records together [Stet/ Guy], it sounds like audio from the Kentucky Derby !
- Run DMC are in interview [pre-rec, not live in the studio]: They talk about the professional contrasts between Def Jam founders Rick Rubin and Russell Rush, and the personal differences that led to them parting ways.
- Intriguingly, Run talks about being closer to God, for the first time.
- Jam Master Jay also talks about religion, and specifically how Joe ‘got a little deeper’ and discusses his own record label JMJ Records. They discuss Smooth Ice, The Afros and forthcoming releases from two new outfits called Hannibal King & Royalties of Rap [as far as were aware, neither of these artists ever had releases come to fruition]…
- Varying genres of dope music incl Rap, R&B and Ragga as well as a World Premiere of Cavemans’ Cool [Cos I Don’t Get Upset].
- During the Source Magazine Report, the mighty Jon Shecter discusses the studio session for Don’t Curse, a movie featuring Rapper turned actor Ice T; New Jack City, and another movie featuring Rapper turned actor Ice Cube [Boyz n the Hood].